Monday, January 1, 2018

2018’s word of the year!!!

I like to choose a word of the year,
some years are easier to find a word then others. 

This year was quite different.

2016 was hard!
4 major surgeries for Hagan!
1 surgery for Elijah!
1 major surgery for Miles
and
2 hospital stays for Elijah!


2017 was hard!
we had a lot of things thrown at us that we were not ready for...

3 major surgeries for Hagan,
1 for Donovan,
Major panic attack meltdown for me,
4 hospital stays for Elijah
to list a few,
and more that we are still trying to wrap our heads around.

Though the past years have been hard,
there have been some amazing sweetness!!
God is always faithful to keep us encouraged and
to see baby steps in where HE is directing us!


A few weeks ago,
I was in the middle of a major temper tantrum!
Ready to cancel Christmas!
and definitely threatening to cancel acknowledging New Years!
I was sooooo NOT ready to do all of this all over again!!

Have you ever felt like staying in your disfunction is
better than moving into more disfunction?
Comfort in the disfunction!
Well, that was where I was!

But, God spoke to me and gave me the promise of WONDER!



Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart 
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and HE will make your paths straight.

Going into 2018 I am ready to see all the hard that we have walked through in 2016 and 2017
and cling to the WONDER of God's plan as HE will show us what all of our work has been for.

Allowing God to unfold HIS path for me is where HE wants me.


I've also been reminded, through quiet times,
that my work isn't finished.
The path I am on is rocky!
It has it's major ups and downs!
But, as I walk, sometimes hike,
places I'd rather not go -
I will cling to the promise that God is in control
and I will sit and gaze in WONDER and AWE
of all that HE is!!

Happy New Year,
and I pray you also,
will see the Wonder in all that God is
and how HE loves you!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin