Friday, December 22, 2017

Detour

Have you ever sat in traffic and have your GPS begin beeping at you,
trying to tell you to go a different way?

A better way?

A shorter way?

A quicker way?


Mine did the other day. 
This was the mess I was caught up in the other day...



My GPS was warning me,
I have a better way for you!! 

You see, I hate driving to the city! 
I hate driving somewhere I'm not familiar with,
and in traffic - makes it even worse!
I can be patient but there are so crazy drivers out there!! 
This has been the traffic I have been in 
for 2 weeks and the reason I'm there is not because of my choices.
So, yes, there is a bit of resistance there too! 

Anyway, 
As my GPS beeped at me,
I was given the choice - 
get over to the right hand lane and get off the highway,
or stay here in this mess.

If I stay where I am - I'll be late for the appointment.
If I get off this route - I'll make the appointment with time to spare.

BUT...
I know where I am going on this route!
I know what exit I need to get off! 
I know what to expect! 

What do I do? 

As I weighted the pros and cons, 
God said to me, 
"I'm giving you detours. 
Detours that will get you to the same destination,
only with less pain. 
With less anguish.
With less frustration."



HE wasn't talking about the traffic, 
HE was talking about my every day life! 
Am I listening to God beeping at me? 
Do I even have my GPS on, 
in other words am I reading his word, 
am I in constant communication with HIM?

Am I willing to take this detour that is before me?
Am I willing to let HIM guide me?
Even when I have no clue of where I'm going?
or 
Is sitting in the drivers seat, 
doing the same thing that I have always done,
not allowing God to lead me through the unknown,
is it worth missing out on the detour God has for me?

God reminded me of these verses,
Luke 12:22-32

Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life,
what you will eat; or about your body, what will you wear.
For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.
Consider the ravens:  The do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; 
yet God feeds them!
And how much more valuable you are than birds!!! 
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?
Since you cannot do this very little thing, she do you worry about the rest?

Consider how the wide flowers grow.
They do not labor or spin.  
Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today,
and tomorrow is thrown into the fire,
how much more will he clothes you - you of little faith! 
And do not set your hear on what you will eat or drink;
do not worry about it. 
For the pagan world runs after all such things,
and your Father knows that you need them.  
But seek HIS kingdom, 
and these things will be given to you!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin