Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Warm story on a chilly day

We are now on Day 3 of school closure due to Inclement weather.
So, I thought I would share a warm, cozy story on this cold, cold day.

The other day, Jorja, Jailyn and I were running some errands.
As I listed the places that we had to stop -
Sam's Club was mentioned...

Jailyn asked, "Can I have ice cream at Sam's Club?"

I answered, "No not today."

Jailyn responded, "Thank you."

There was silence in the car.
I wondered if she had heard me correctly.

Then Jorja said,
"Jailyn, why you say 'Thank you'?"

Jailyn didn't respond so Jorja repeated her question,
"Jailyn, why you say 'Thank you"?
She said 'No'"

Jailyn answered,
"I know but I am thankful to God for all that I have.
It's okay that I don't get ice cream today,
I have a lot of other stuff."

Thank you Jesus for her sweet heart!

4 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Awwww....that's just precious. What a beautiful story.

Jay said...

How is it that I am still trying to grasp that lesson and she already gets it?

Jodi said...

I hear you Jay! Course, when we got to Target - she wanted a snack because she had had such a good attitude! :)

Anita said...

More awww......she is such a sweetheart and sooo wise for her age. We could all learn from her!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin