Friday, March 28, 2014

Jesus wept

Recently I was asked what scripture I have in my heart 
to help me through the hard days.

There are many, many incredible promises of God's faithfulness,
and grace,
and love that definitely gets me through the hard times,
and that I rejoice in during good and bad days.

But one verse 
that as a kid I thought was so cool -
cause it was the shortest verse in the Bible 
and I could memorize it...
John 11:35,
Jesus wept.

On days that are harder than we would hope - 
I am comforted in knowing that Jesus himself wept in anguish.
He hurt. 

and it is okay to hurt.

It is okay to not be strong ALL the time.

It is okay when we don't have all of the answers. 

It is okay to love someone so much that you 
weep over them.

Even through the hard times -
HE will pick us up. 





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin