Thursday, October 17, 2013

Only in Texas!!!

We really do like living in Texas.

There are some good things,
and some bad things -
but all in all - 
it's a good place to live and raise our family.

But, there is one thing I will never understand!

The Homecoming Mum!  

This week we went to The Mum Shop 
to order Kenzie's mum.


Kenzie and her friend, picked the ribbons that would be added,
the amount of mums on their Mum,
they choose what accents and charms they wanted on their mums




and us moms... well, we paid. (haha!)

All and all it was a fun evening!


Fun times - 
 I'll never understand this tradition-
but I will embrace it -
cause it is fun and good memories are made!

It'll be another week before we pick up the mum...
but promise to post photos...
only in Texas!! 

1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

This made me laugh! We lived in West Texas for awhile and I am with you, I never got the Mum thing... the bigger and more decorated, the better! I must admit, some of them are amazing! A true Texas Art! Can't wait to see the finished product!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin