Sunday, May 5, 2013

Doing what's right...

Doing what is right or doing what is easy? I am usually one to go for the "easy" path. But when God asks us to follow HIM that doesn't equal an easy life. Infact, I think following HIM means hard times. Not because HE wants us to suffer, or struggle to prove our love to HIM, but rather because the evil one will hit hard. Hit hard to try to sway us from following Christ and living for HIM.

 I apologize if you get tired of me talking to you about the orphan. But, there are over 147 million children who's voices go unheard. And though I can't bring all of them home, I know that I can speak up for them. So, no matter how hard our daily life can be, with lots of laundry, lots of cooking for kiddos, lots of arguments to work through, and lots of healing, emotionally and physically to walk through with my children - but their smiles and joy are priceless.

  
 When I tuck my babies in at night - my heart is at peace.

 

 When my babies say "Momma! Momma! Look..." and they show me their newest creation... priceless. 

 
When my babies argue about who gets to sit on my lap, or brush my hair at bedtime story time... priceless.


I wish more then anything that these babies will one day know what a family is. 

    
These babies need to know they are loved,

  
 and that they are important, 


and that they are loved unconditionally. 

  (all of these children are listed with Lifeline Children Services)
 Y'all know that I don't believe in sugarcoating adoption. It is hard... it is hard for the child, it is hard for the adoptive parents, it is hard for the other children in the house... but hard doesn't mean wrong. God doesn't ask us to take the easy path - HE asks us to believe HIM, and HE will carry us through. Even when I am having a bad day, or frustrated about how my day went - there is nothing I have experienced that compares to the loneliness, or frustrations that 147 million+ children experience e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y.

I think of the Boston Marathon bombing, I picture the people who ran towards the danger. They ran toward uncertainty to help another human being. Another person that they didn't know, people they had never spoken too, but they knew they needed help. Do we run to the orphan or do we run away? Do we worry about what they would do to our lives if we invite them in, or do we ask what can we do in their lives to show them the love of God?

 I challenge you to take the rest of this month and seriously pray, ask God "What do you want me to do for the orphan crisis." Print off one of these photos of these precious children, ask God, "What do you want me to do for this child?" ask, "Is this my child?" Don't be afraid to ask, we've asked this many times and God has told us "no". But we need to be willing to ask and if the answer is "yes" we need to be willing to move. I will be spending this month focusing on this prayer also. If you would like me to add you to my prayer list, I would love to pray with you. Feel free to leave a comment or email me. (soccermom@tx.rr.com).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said, Jodi! I wish more people would have the means to open up their homes, hearts and arms to these needy children, both her and internationally. Just have to keep praying "until they ALL have a home"!

~Faith

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin