Saturday, July 21, 2012

Where it all began...

God's story through us begins with us 
adopting Jailyn.

Our little princess!


But, really,
we didn't go into her adoption thinking we 
were saving her,
nor did we have a huge spiritual conviction!

I mean,
I always wanted to adopt -
so that is good,
but really no 
huge God sign!
Plain and simple...
we wanted a sister for Kenzie!

And God blessed us beyond measure with our 
sweet, compassionate, smart, beautiful,
larger then life 
princess!


Along with God blessing us with Jailyn,
He blessed us more then we knew.

We traveled with some families who's children 
were far more malnourished and uncared for then 
our princess Jailyn.
It was shocking,
spending time with these families who grieved the
lack of care their children needed
was heartbreaking.

We went to the orphanage that Jailyn spent her first 
16 months.
I was sooo disappointed,
other traveling families were able to be there when the kids
were up playing.
But, we had to go at nap time.

The reality of these children HIT me
big time!
I guess I'm a bit slow -
and I like the little bubble that I live in.
but God had other lessons to teach me.

At nap time the
kids were wrapped in their blankets.
I couldn't love on them,
and play with them 
and show them someone cared.


This was one of the hardest days of my life. 
I walked out of the orphanage doors that day
a changed person. 

I had to walk away from those precious babies -
30 cribs in one room and
 not a sound or
tears from any of them.

None of them even asked to be taken out of their crib.

None of them shed a tear in response
to being put down for a nap.

It was so very sobering.

God opened our eyes that day,
in a very real way!

He changed our lives
and we are sooo 
thankful He did!

"We learned that orphans are easier to ignore before you 
know their names.
They are easier to ignore before you see their faces.
It is easier to pretend they're not real
before you hold them in your arms.
But once you do,
everything changes."
~David Platt

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Let me tell you something, my friend... I felt the SAME way after walking out of Ally's O. AND - as I read your post I was completely thinking, "I gotta look up that DP quote and post it to my FB status" - and there it was -- God put it in your mind for me to see today, right here! Thank you!!!

Amy said...

everything changes!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin