Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Just what the Dr. ordered



We have had a great few weeks in our household.

"Great" as in less anxiety,
less fighting for authority,
less attention getting behavior,

just nice and normal days!


See, we were supposed to go on vacation a few weeks ago.
Myself, Conner, Jorja, Donovan, Jailyn and Elijah 
had planned to spend 2 weeks in Colorado
invading  seeing friends and family!

 Plans changed and we didn't go.
:( 

Bryan and Conner ended up going to Colorado 
last Wednesday for Bryan's mom's milestone birthday,
and he had to take my vehicle
(the one that fits 4 car seats!)
because his truck,
well - needs to be put out to pasture,
and would never had made the trip.
So, the littles and mom were stuck at home.

We walked to the neighborhood pool,


did crafts,


watched movie,
 did school work,


slumber parties,
played outside,
road our bikes to church



and just hung out!

It was wonderful!
No soccer,
no gymnastics,
no Dr. appointments,
 no running to the store when we wanted
something -
we just dealt with not having it!

This was a great 5 days!
and my littlest one -
really needed this!
Actually, I think we ALL needed it!


Today I am thankful God changed our plans
and my children had this special time to
feel more secure and just hang at home!

I really missed my family and friends in Colorado -
but no time to pout!
God is ALWAYS good!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I clearly need an attitude adjustment lately (and hopefully it will rub off on some of my kiddos, too!).

April said...

Love it. This is how we have rolled for the last 4 years. It is amazing if I leave the house during the week. Someday we will be able to go out more, but I'm thinking this is normal for us for at least a few more years.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin