Tuesday, February 22, 2011

perspective

I love when I want to whine - and someone encourages me!
The other day I posted on fb - 

"3 months 21 days since we have been DTE (Dossier to Ethiopia) 
and we were accepted to be the parents of two beautiful boys!!"

I must admit -
I was whining!

But it was incredibly encouraging when people commented things like:
"That is such AWESOME news!!!! Praying you get to hold your boys soon !!!"

and

"we can't wait to celebrate with you! I will be praying for you!!"

I really need to put this in perspective -
God has made it possible for us to bring these boys home!
God will never allow these kids to not feel the love of a family again!
God is faithful and will bring them home - despite us "silly" humans!


So thank you friends for giving me a new perspective and 
encouraging me! 

God is good!  Even if I have to wait for the desires of my heart!
 
 

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

You can whine to me anytime. I understand the pain of waiting. I had the hardest time being patient with approval to travel to China. It consumed me and I wasn't a very happy person to be around. My adoptive friends understood. I'm always here for you!!

Jodi said...

Thanks Kim! I really am trying not to whine too much! Waiting is so hard - especially when there is nothing I can do to speed it up! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin