Monday, December 20, 2010

Understanding differences

If I want my child's differences to be understood,
then I need to make sure they understand other peoples
differences.

Our little boy Donovan is missing half of his index finger 
on his right hand.
Though this is not a big deal to us -
it can be to 5 and 6 year olds.

So, we decided to take a day of school and work with 
one arm. 


The girls were very excited for this experiment.
(I promise Jorja was happy - just pretending to be hurt)

Well, until they actually had to do their work.


They got tired of it quickly but 
they learned a very good lesson.

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

When Josie was in her cast for six weeks (no right hand at all), it was a test of patience for everyone. I remember making Emma try and do some activities with one hand so that she had better sympathy. Great idea, Jodi.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin