Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tis' the seaon

Ohhhh what a wonderful time of the year!

But,
I'm kinda tired this year,

tired of 
having to be on a schedule 
(which I am falling behind on -
I don't have any decorations out yet -
ugh!)

tired of
the hussle and bussle,

tired of 
the commercialized idea of Christmas.


All I want for this season is some
new ideas of 
how to show my kids and 
friends the true meaning of Christmas.


After praying about this this morning
I had to check in with some of my blog friends,
and guess what I found!

The coolest idea to begin our 
holiday season!

Her family builds a countdown chain.
Every night as they remove their chain for the day
they write a blessing from the previous year,
and place it in a jar.
All the blessings are kept secret - 
until the big reveal on New Years!

What a great way to remember what God
has done for us through out the year
and thank Him for his 
provision and blessings! 


I'd love to hear your Christmas 
traditions! 
Please share,
or I may turn into the Grinch!




1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Jodi - Yes. Feel free to link to my blessings jar idea. I'd love to see others ideas.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin