Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"I could never do that"

That is a comment that we get a lot
when people hear that we are 5 children and 
are awaiting our 2 precious sons.

If you have ever said that 
I have to tell you -
I disagree.


I think there are many people 
that could "do that" -
they are just not willing to "do that".


To these people, 
I feel there is a love for the orphan,
there is a knowledge of the fatherless,
there is a loving heart
but what holds them back is 
fear.

Fear of how their lives might change,
fear of having to give up something they enjoy,
whether it is financially or 
just their own time.

But, truly, how precious is all of that to me?
I hope it's not more precious then seeing these faces
blossom into the beautiful, 
amazing,
silly
girls.
 


2 Timothy 1:7
 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; 
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.


What is your fear?
Who has hold of your fear?

1 comment:

Anita said...

LOVE this post, Jodi! True, so true. Gotta move past the fear to faith and to what and who the Lord has for our families!! :) So glad we "get it"! HUGS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin