Monday, October 25, 2010

Shiny on the outside!

Today I needed to clean out my car - and I mean, clean out my car!  I had taken a road trip with 6 kids this weekend.  We drove 1800 miles there and back - and the car was a mess!  (trip stories will be coming in another post.)
I spent an hour and a half at the local car wash, cleaning the swagga' wagon! It was looking good!  
I realized that I was now running late to get the kids to youth group - so I had to get going. 
Well, my car was not in a hurry.

The battery decided that it would be a good time to take a break.

I called my knight in shining armor, to bring his jumper cables, and all was well.  No problem getting the car started again.  

As I was waiting for Bryan to come to my rescue me - I thought about how my car reminded me of myself.  

I can be shiny on the outside, and look like I have it all together.  I can put up a good front for people.
But if I don't have the joy of the Holy Spirit giving me a jump start and keeping me going - then I am dead in my tracks! 

 ‎"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's eyes.". 1Peter3:3-4

I am thankful for this little lesson given to me today.  And very thankful that I didn't have to learn this lesson early this morning when I was driving in the middle of no where with 6 kids!

P.S.
Thank you to everyone who left a comment on my last post.  Conner had a rough weekend with mom gone.  Your comments really lifted his spirits.  Thank you for your encouragement.

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a beautiful post. I hope your week ahead remains energized!!

Jay said...

Amen and Amen.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin