Monday, August 9, 2010

Sooooo much!!!

What a crazy few weeks!
I have been home alone for 2 weeks, 
with four kiddos.
Bryan has been serving in the 
Navy Reserves,
and 
Brady is still in Colorado working at camp!
(both came home on Saturday)
Which he loved, 
but Mom still missed him!

School begins soon for the kids,
so we have been trying to organize ourselves 
and home as we say good-by to 
the care free days of summer and 
the hustle and bustle of another school year.

I began cleaning Bryan's office,
because I couldn't find my passport.
A passport is a very important document 
to have when pursuing international adoption! 

No joke -
three days were spent in his office -
still no passport.
Today was the day that I planned to go back to 
my closet (where we keep a lot of paperwork and such),
but it had to wait til after the trash collectors came -
since our trash can was full.

After running errands and going grocery 
shopping -
a must when Bryan and Brady are on their way home.
I decided to wait another day to continue the passport hunt -
so, I pulled out some school stuff for Kenzie -
guess what was in the envelope!!!

Oh yeah!!!

Thank you God!!!

This is just a small amount of chaos that has been happening 
around here lately -
but I have to tell you,
though presently there are some unanswered questions 
concerning our family and how our next year
will unfold -
I have never felt so at peace.

The Lord has given me a peace that surpasses all understanding.
Some days, I just call to Him,
"Really, I should be worried!"
And I feel His arms around me -
holding me tighter and just telling me to 
keep walking on the path He is taking us.
He will take care of us,
He will answer all our questions.

I have to hold on to the promise:

Isaiah 40:31
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:
they shall mount up with wings as Eagles,
they shall run, and not be weary,
and they shall walk and not faint."

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Best wishes with transitioning back to school. I honestly don't know how you do it as a single parent while your husband is busy on reserve duty. Thank goodness the passport was recovered!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin