Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Praising God for the rain!


Hosea 6:3
So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD
His going forth is as certain as the dawn;
And He will come to us like the rain,
Like the spring rain watering the earth.


As I woke this morning to the bright flash of lightening and the boom of thunder, it is easy to GRRRR at the upcoming day.

- Trash day... all of that is going to be wet - the collectors will drop half of the trash on the street and I will have to pick up wet trash! UGH!

- I will have frizzy, damp hair all day, oh man, and we have our post -adoption visit with our Social Worker today, I'm just going to look lovely.

- Jailyn and Jorja will not be able to play outside. They love playing outside and this is where they share so nicely!

- Conner wont get outdoor time - which he soooo needs!

- Brady will want to walk around the town in the rain and come home smelling like a wet dog and want to give me a hug!
(maybe the water fight we had yesterday will of given him his fill of picking on mom. :) - I wont admit to starting it. :)

- Kenzie will be worried about her hair too. Oh, the drama a rainy day can hold....



But, as I sat on the couch, for my quiet time, I got lost in the sound of rain drops... what a beautiful sound!

Thank you God for the rain!

Thank you for watering the plants that give us oxygen.

Thank you for the beauty in nature that surrounds us.

Even the obnoxious dandelions are a beautiful sight to my daughters!

Thank you for all the amazing colors in nature. Last weekend on our walk, Jorja didn't run out of nature to point out to me and ask "what color is that?"

Thank you for the rain in my everyday life. Without rain my heart would be covered in dust and cob webs.

I would not grow.

Transitions can feel like a down pour of rain, and sometimes there is flooding...

Brady began high school this year - big transition - but he is doing great and we are loving it!

Kenzie began a new middle school - she went kicking and screaming - but we love it!

Conner began home schooling this year - Dad went kicking and screaming with this transistion - but we love it!

Jailyn began preschool - oh, I sent her off kicking and screaming (me not her! I wasn't ready to let my little girl go!) - she loves it!

Jorja came home finally! - there has been a ton of kicking and screaming but with every kick and every scream we hold her tighter and tighter and love on her more and more - and the kicking and screaming gets to be less and less.- and we love her more and more!

Thank you for the rain that washes away the dust! And renews me, and challenges me.

Thank you for your promise of the rainbow at the end of the rain!

Thank you for allowing me to lean on you and not on any worldly possessions or the promises of politicians.

But on your holy promises!

Amen!

Enjoy the rain! and the rainbow to follow!

4 comments:

bugs parents said...

Thanks for the reminder of what is truly important in life. Just what I needed during my "rainy season" here!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

We will be getting your rain tomorrow! ATL weather is the same as Dallas (mostly) just a day or so after!!!

Tena said...

good to know you're doing well. missing seeing you so much!

Unknown said...

Oh girl...I can so relate and this was so beautifully written! I have had you all in my heart and prayers with all of the adjustments and pray that good things continue to happen at the Heads Up Seven Up Ranch!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin