Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chinese New Year

Okay, so here are the depressing facts -
We are still waiting for our LOA (day 112)
When we finally receive our LOA - sign it and return it to China, we should receive our TA (Travel Approval) 3-4 weeks after that.
And then travel 3-4 weeks after that.
Approx. 3 weeks in China for the adoption - Jorja's Providence takes longer then the other Providences.

The problem we are having now is that Chinese New Year is sooo early this year - January 26th (It was Feb 18th when we brought Jailyn home on Feb 14th - and they were pushing us on to the plane to get out of town! And the plane was fully of Chinese traveling to visit family in the US)
China New Years is at least 2 weeks of all government offices being completely shut down. ~ So no adoptions take place during that time.

So, my calculations (using the average of 4 weeks between dates) tell me that we needed to receive our LOA on Nov 8th in order to make the Jan25th deadline to be on our way home with our Jorja!
If I use 3 weeks - the we need to have our LOA by November 23rd. Which will be 122 days waiting for the LOA. Some friends have told me that some of their friends have been on the 120 day mark, and finally received their LOA.
(Another blogging adoptive family - just received their TA today - 133 days! I'm so excited for this family!!! Such a long wait!

I am praying so hard that we have our little girl before her 5th birthday!
This photo of her is sad enough - (she is actually in front of her friends 4th birthday cake - but I was able to crop it)
I want to be with her when she blows out her own 5 candles on her cake!!!

I know I haven't posted any photo's yet of her - but I can't stand it any more! Isn't she just adorable? Yes, she needs to be in our crazy, silly household to put a smile on her beautiful face!

God can move mountains! Even mountains of paperwork to get these kiddo's home! I believe Satan is at work in China. Please pray for these people who have our files in front of them - I don't know fewer tea breaks. :)


Please also pray for Jorja's health - another family is in China and received devastating news about their daughter and may be leaving China hearts full but arms empty. Please pray for this family too!!!

3 comments:

Heather BT said...

prayers my friend
Heather BT

Amy said...

It seems in the past that the CCAA works REALLY hard before Chinese New Year to get everything done. I hope it all works out for you and our LOA is on its way SOON!!!

Justinand said...

Jodi--I'm praying!! I so hope that your LOA arrives tomorrow!!! Jorja will be here soon!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin