Sunday, May 18, 2014

Constant communion



Sprint time in Texas means there will be a lot of storms. 
Wind storms strong enough to throw patio furniture around the yard,
blow fences down and take matured branches off of huge tree trunks.
Driving through town recently seeing downed branches 
it makes me sad - 
these beautiful trees torn in apart. 

As the day go by and homeowners taking time,
waiting on professionals to get the broken limbs cleaned up
they become an eye sore. 

The leaves begin to turn brown - 
losing their beauty and majesty they once bestowed. 
This got me thinking,
Is my relationship with Christ like this tree?

Christ being the strong sturdy trunk,
and I being HIS limb,
 a product of HIM.

When I receive HIS nourishment, HIS support, 
HIS guidance - 
fruit is produced.
Just by being attached to Him, the trunk.


But when trials blow me away from Him, I may be okay for a little while,
and still look good,
look like I have it all together,
but I don't have His nourishment.
Soon I am not producing fruit -
nor am I able to feed myself.
I have no way, on my own to give energy,
food and love to my leaves. 
I shrivel up and die!


Staying in constant communion with God
 is the only way that I can have true compassion for others,
the only way that I can get through trials of the day.

The only way I can have peace
 is to abide in Him.

John 15:1 - 6
1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
2  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit,
while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes
so that it will be even more fruitful.
3  You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
4  Remain in me, as I also remain in you.  
No branch can bear fruit by itself; 
it must remain in the vine.
Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5 "I am the vine; you are the branches.  If you remain in me and I in you, 
you will bear much fruit;  apart from me you can do nothing.
6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, 
and it will be done for you. 
8  This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit,
showing yourselves to be my disciples.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin