Sunday, January 5, 2014

Surprise Adventure

It's not very often that we get to take a little break from life!

But,
sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind...
blow some things off and just enjoy each other!

It's even better when we get to spend our adventure with 
some very special friends!

I told the kids the other night -
that I had a surprise for them...
we would drive about an hour to our destination,
we would be outside,
I would need someone to help me pack a lunch,
and there would be a lot of walking involved.

They were so excited! 
and even more excited when big sister decided to join us!

We drove to the zoo entrance -
and they all screamed with joy!!

But,
the biggest news had not been revealed yet...

we waited for a few minutes and up pulled 
our friends who's son was also at Donovan and Elijah's orphanage in Ethiopia! 


We sure love seeing these friends!
As soon as they realized who was in the other car...
screams even louder!!!!

Elijah was soooo excited he didn't know what to do!!!


Just one huge smile on his face!!!


I am sooo very thankful when these three boys can be together!


and I love seeing my friend too!!


Aren't the three year olds cute!!!


Goofy kids - this was the best photo we got at this spot!
Guess a photo with the kangaroo wasn't a good idea -
everyone wanted to climb on it!


We love being outside!!


They loved the lions!!!
Especially when they roared!!


Silly Hagan teasing me,
I was trying to take a cute photo of him...
silly boy kept running away!!


Donovan loves the Zoo!!!
I kept "losing" him because he stayed behind at the exhibits to
inspect the animals thoroughly!


It's always great when big sissy comes with us!


A great day we all had!
Good medicine for all of us!!

1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

So happy you were able to enjoy the company of friends!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin