Monday, May 13, 2013

The hardest part of obedience...

I have struggled with obedience to God in many areas,
but in one specific area I have tried, 
things have gone okay -
and then I have given up and gone back to disobedience.

Why?
Why?
Why? 

Cause I only gave it to God for that moment in time. 
I had my way and told myself that was all God was asking of me.

Only now,
God is speaking soooo loudly to me and to hubby,
I'm thinking if we don't obey we may get struck by lightening.
(just kidding but you know what I mean!) 

The hardest part of obedience is to admit I am disobedient.
To admit that I am not in control 
and that I need to humble myself and truly let God us me
in this way that HE is asking.
To totally sacrifice what I think I need in my daily life for HIM.

I would be glad to share more soon - 
but hubby and I have a lot more praying to do -
guidance to ask for,
peace to receive
and joy to be found. 

I Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, 
that HE may life you up in due time. 
 Cast all your anxiety on HIM because
 HE cares for you.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jodi! Why do I "feel" that #10 is hovering in your mind, somewhere in some far away land?! Will be praying that God reveals Himself and His will for you, TO you, in such a way that you have no doubt whatsoever what His will is for you & Bryan! No matter what it is, remember that God has the plan - it's our job to carry it out according to His will! Love, Faith <3

Anonymous said...

Wanted to share this old song with you too - seems to fit your situation right now:

I am not skilled to understand
What God hath willed, what God hath planned,
I only know at His right Hand stands One who is my Savior.

I take Him at His word indeed,
"Christ died for sinners",
this I read -
For in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my Savior.

That He should leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die,
You count it strange? So once did I, before I knew my Savior.

And oh that He fulfilled may see
The travail of His soul in me,
And with His work contented be,
As I with my dear Savior.

Yes, living, dying, let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring;
That He who lives to be my King
Once died to be my Savior.

Love, Faith

Anonymous said...

So blessed and challenged by this :) conviction is so sweet and so powerful. His lion heart inside of me is beating so hard right now, and I am trying to release, lay down pride, expectations, control, my "saving the world" saga, and wait on Him.
In all circumstances these verses have been my guide

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the PEACE OF GOD, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. (Philippians 4:4-9 NIV)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin