Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas joy?

Though we have such joy in our house this morning,
children playing upstairs - 
way to early!

Others sleeping, 
(not sure how they sleep through the noise  joy)

Every one peaceful! 

But I admit, this season is hard for me. 
my heart aches.

My heart aches for those who hurt every day but the holiday season
seems to elevate the hurt even more.

The man who misses his wife and little girl taken 
by a drunk driver.

The momma's who's babies were taken from illness.

The wife who lost her husband 24 hours ago -
and now has to be the rock for her 3 young children. 

The husband who lost his wife of 49 years this year.

The teenage boy who has lived his life in an orphanage
and wonders when will be his turn to know family.

The mom who lost her 40 year old son from depression.

The grand daughter who lost her Gram a few months ago. 

The adoptive family who got a call that their child 
passed away before they were allowed to bring him home.

The mom who fought a brain tumor and is now fighting breast cancer.

The child who when given a sandwich and doesn't know how 
to respond because she has never seen a whole piece of bread.

The daughter who fears her father's life 
because of choices he has made.

The teenager who struggles with her feelings of inadequacy.

The brothers no matter how old they get 
who will always miss their big brother.

There is so much hurt in this world!
These are only stories of people I know personally,
I know there are many more stories that I haven't heard -
which makes me even more sad. 

I love the joy in my families face this time of the year -
but the shadow of hurt for friends and family 
just gets the best of me sometimes. 

Thanking God that one day
HE will "wipe away all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow,
nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away. 
- Revelation 21:4

1 comment:

Adina Henderson said...

Sometimes longing for eternity actually hurts, doesn't it? I hear you, Jodi. And I understand you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin