Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"I wanna go"

I bet y'all get the same reactions that we
do when ever Mom or Dad 
need to leave to run an errand,
or leave to visit someone...

"I wanna go"

All of a sudden all of our little ones have their shoes
on and are heading out the door 
to jump into the car! 

I wish I had this reaction to God!

When HE asks, 
"who will go?"

I usually don't jump up, with reckless abandon!

I have to pray about it!

Isn't that the normal response?

But,
if I am already in constant communication with 
my God,
then I should be able to just jump and follow!


Matthew 4:19 - 20
"Come, follow me," Jesus said,
"and I will make you fishers of men."
At once they left their nets and followed him.

WOW! 
At once they left their nets and followed him

They didn't think about it -
they didn't say,
"Can I think about it?
Can I tell you tomorrow?
I have things scheduled this week - 
but call me next week and we'll chat."

WOW! 
That is the kind of faith I want! 



1 comment:

Yvette said...

Heehee this the same thing that kept coming up when we were finding every reason under the sun NOT to bring Tao home. Every time, I read the Bible I was confronted withthefacttheyleft suddenly, they came with onlytheircloaks. Not every answer, their whole house organized and figured. Well, you know therest ofthestory!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin