Monday, June 18, 2012

His first birthday celebration

I have been on the verge of tears all week.

Every time I look at my birthday boy -
I am speechless!
I just love this kiddo sooo very much!



This weekend he celebrated his birthday 
for the VERY first time.
(Today is his birthday -
but because Brady and Kenzie are already gone,  he misses them soooo much,
and Conner left on a week long mission trip on Sunday,
and Dad will be at work today -
Donovan wanted to celebrate on Saturday)


He chose his first birthday cake!
(a donut cake like big brother Conner had in January)



He opened his first e.v.e.r. birthday presents!




Our son has beamed for days!
And there is more celebrating coming in the next few days!
It seems only fair since he had to wait
til he turned 7 to be honored!

~~~~~

You see - this week we will also be celebrating
he and Elijah's "Gotcha' Day"-
our poor Donovan waited 363 days
in his new family to finally
be celebrated!


We are so thankful that we have finally 
been able to celebrate Donovan
and thank God for bringing him in to this world,
and though he has lost much -
we are so very thankful that we 
are blessed to call him 
son.

5 comments:

Jay said...

Happy Birthday, Donovan. I am so excited to see you in a few weeks. I love you.

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday Donovan! I am so excited that you and my little girl Talia share a wonderful birthday.

Shonni said...

I love that donut cake...cool!
And I love the pictures of him. He looks so happy and is such a handsome boy.
Happy Birthday sweet Donovan.

Kathy said...

He is just beaming!
Happy Birthday Donovan!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Birthday blessings, Donovan! What a handsome son. Love that smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin