Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday School Teacher learns a lesson!

This past week, as I prepared to teach our 3rd - 5th grade Sunday School class,
I spent time reading Luke 1:29 - 46.
When the angel of the Lord came to Mary
to tell her that she will be blessed by God and
will give birth to The Son of God!
The verse that stood out to me this week was
Luke 1:38, "I am the Lord's servant, may it be to me as you have said."

Wow! Mary was about to embark on an
incredible difficult journey as an
unwed mother -
but her answer to the angel of the Lord
was obedience!
She knew she would face misunderstanding from her fiance,
her family and everyone else -
in those times,
an unwed mother could have even
face the horrors of stoning!

But she obeyed -
no questions asked!

Am I obeying my God?
No questions asked?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin