Thursday, August 20, 2009

Impossible...

Easy Lasagna Pie!



Last week I decided it was time to organize
my kitchen and household chores.
(Am I nesting???)
After cleaning and organizing my cabinets and pantry,
I knew that I needed to get back to
my monthly meal planning.
I kinda got carried away...
imagine that...
I made a meal menu plan for the next 10 weeks!
Yes, I only had to think about meals for one day -
and now I have my grocery lists
and menus
for 10 WEEKS!
It's not every day that I find a recipe
that my entire family likes.
Infact, it is far from every day!
So, I decided to try some old recipes and
some new ones and see what works.

The meal plan began this week!
We had two nights of crock pot recipes -
Monday:
Kielbasa and potatoes.
This meal received 3 stars from the family!
(I'm good with that)

Tuesday:
Foil Wrapped Chicken
Though this was not supposed to be a crock pot meal,
but when I looked at our evening activities
I threw all the fixin's in the pot!
This meal received 3 stars also -
some thought it was too spicy,
nothing a little ketchup didn't cure.

But, Wednesday was the best...
My friend, Geri, made this for me years ago!
And I hadn't made it for a long time -
but it received 5 stars!
Every one was happy
until it was gone and they wanted more -
so I guess I will double the batch next time.

Try it with your family:

Impossible Easy Lasagna Pie
1/3 cup ricotta cheese or small curd creamed cottage cheese
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs
Additional spaghetti sauce, heated, if desired


1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
Spread ricotta cheese in pie plate;
sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Cook ground beef until brown; drain.
Stir in 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese,
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce and the salt;
spoon evenly over cheeses.
2. Stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until blended.
Pour into pie plate.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until melted.
Cool 5 minutes.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) Heat oven to 425ºF.
Decrease milk to 3/4 cup.
Increase first bake time to 35 to 40 minutes.
Printable recipe at:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/impossibly-easy-lasagna-pie

Enjoy!
Tonight we will be having Boboli Pizza as Kenzie
has friend over to celebrate her
13th birthday
( 1.5 months late)
Jailyn will be having wheat-free pizza,
but that is another post!

3 comments:

Justinand said...

Thanks for the recipe! I always love trying new things out--and it seems pretty easy!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I think your best plan of action is to hop a flight to ATL and let's go to super Walmart together, come back to my house, cook toghether and then eat! Bring the kids, they can swim!

Amy said...

Wow, 10 weeks!! You are amazing! I really want to get back to doing Once-A-Month-Cooking. Freezer meals are the best! You have inspired me! I will have to get busy once I move!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin